What to Expect
Our hospital has defined rehabilitation with positive results in mind. Your course of treatment will be tailored to meet your needs and abilities. You will be under the care of our team of qualified experts. The team works together closely to plan for your recovery.
Although the plan of care is different for each patient, the daily schedule follows the same basic routine.
Following is an example of a typical day at our hospital:
5 – 7 a.m.
- There’s a lot of work to do, so the day starts early.
- Your nurse will visit you and provide you with any needed treatments.
- Nursing and/or therapy staff will help you to use the rest room, and get clean and dressed for the day.
- Breakfast is served in your room.
8a.m – noon
- During the remainder of your morning you will be involved in some type of therapy, depending on your needs.
- Your nurses and therapists will remind you and help you to follow your personalized therapy schedule.
- In addition to your individual sessions with a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist, you may be assigned to a group session to work on exercises and other activities.
- Group sessions provide an opportunity to be around others in similar situations and can be motivating and supportive.
- Group sessions help you gradually practice performing your therapy in more “real world” settings and more on your own.
- Lunch is served in your room.
1 - 5 p.m.
- Your afternoon will also be spent in therapy sessions.
- Rest is provided between sessions, when needed.
- Nurses will check up on you through the day, provide you with needed treatments, and help you practice the activities you learn in therapy.
- Dinner is served in your room.
6 - 10 p.m.
- Therapy usually ends for the day.
- You have the evening free to visit with family and friends, relax, read or watch TV
- Snacks are always available. Just ask.
- Nursing staff will help you with grooming, putting on your bedclothes and getting comfortable in bed.
10 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- During the night, we work hard to minimize interruptions. We will check on you throughout the night and provide any needed treatments. We won’t wake you unless it’s necessary.
- Throughout your stay, you will receive routine visits from a physician experienced in rehabilitation.
- Your case manager will also visit. The case manager coordinates your care, ensuring all needs are met and questions answered.
- Your doctor and case manager are always just a phone call away.
Becoming a Patient
Our hospital provides care for those who are ready to be discharged from a hospital but not ready to return home. Treatment and care is designed to bridge the gap between hospital and home. Anyone who is limited functionally from an injury or illness can benefit from rehabilitation.
Learn More »
Get in Touch with Us
Contact us to learn more about our rehabilitation programs or to set up a tour at our hospital.
Learn more »
See Our Hospital
Join us for a virtual tour of our hospital where you will see our patient rooms, exercise facilities, and more. You can also set up a personal tour by calling our hospital.
Learn more »