Committed to Quality
Our success depends on the quality of care provided to each and every patient. Our expert team of physicians, nurses, therapists and hospital staff is committed to providing safe, quality and cost-effective care to all patients. We strive to help every patient maximize potential and exceed personal expectations.
Our hospital complies with local, state and federal regulations as well as the accreditation standards of The Joint Commission, a leader in determining quality and safety standards for healthcare delivery.
Certification in Stroke Rehabilitation, Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Hip Fracture Rehabilitation
In addition to Joint Commission accreditation, our stroke, brain injury, cardiac and pulmonary programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission.
Rehabilitation is crucial to the recovery process and can be the difference in patients living a lifetime with a disability versus regaining full independence. This Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission shows our hospital’s commitment to comply with the highest national standards for safety and quality of care for patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, cardiac and pulmonary conditions.
Learn more about our Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission.
Top 10% in Class
Our hospital ranked in the top 10% of inpatient rehabilitation facilities in the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDSMR®) database in 2011.
UDSMR® is a non-profit group that evaluates rehabilitation hospitals on their delivery of quality care that is effective, efficient, timely and patient-centered. We utilize UDSMR® measurement tools to evaluate and track our patients’ progress through the rehabilitation process and then benchmark our performance against national data. This recognition confirms our ability to assist our patients in achieving excellent outcomes helping them return to home and work in shorter periods of time.
Stroke Center of Excellence
Our hospital is named a HealthSouth Stroke Center of Excellence for 2012 and we also received the award from 2008 to 2010. This honorable designation is part of HealthSouth’s internal recognition program to highlight top performing stroke rehabilitation programs within our network of almost 100 rehabilitation hospitals.
HealthSouth’s stroke certification is only achieved through a hospital’s tremendous rehabilitation effort, superior patient outcomes and experienced rehabilitation teams. For a stroke survivor, this award offers peace of mind in knowing that our hospital’s stroke program goes above and beyond standards and expectations to provide a vast array of stroke-related programs and services, exceeding established benchmarks in clinical programming and patient outcomes.
Other hospital awards include:
- 2004 HealthSouth Corporation awards for Outstanding Performance in Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient), and Clinical Excellence
- 2004, 2007 and 2011 President’s Circle Awards from HealthSouth Corporation for outstanding performance in development of clinical programs, quality of patient care and overall operational excellence
- 2007 and 2011 Annual Medical Director’s Award to Todd Cooperman, MD, Medical Director at The Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls, for Exceptional Leadership
- 2007 Monmouth Ocean Development Council – Silver Gull Award for Community Service
- 2007 Western Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce – Circle of Excellence Award for Major Business
- 2007 Eastern Area Monmouth Chamber of Commerce – Spinnaker Award for Good Corporate Neighbor
- 2011 American Council on Diversity
- 2011 Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore Community Leadership Award to Linda Savino, CEO